This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Firstly, I am glad I chose to take French because there is a lot of French in our texts.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this book. It was simple to read, yet completely packed with meaning. I feel bad for Anna...I am not sure if we are supposed to feel sympathy for her, or for what reason we may feel sympathy for her, but I do feel bad for her. I don't think that she knows what she wants. She wanted to be independent, but she got mixed up in all of these things that she should not be doing just so she could provide for herself. I am actually shocked that she was pregnant, and a little surprised that she so easily decided to get an abortion. I mean she seemed a little sad, but it wasn't much more than a sort of business choice for her. She inmediately decided that she could not have a baby and must ask walter for the money to have the abortion, which is dumb because she could have had the baby and asked him for support in raising the child. If money is what she is after that makes more sense to me. But I support her right to choose to have the abortion.
The other thing that bugged me was the doctor saying "you girls are too naïve to live, aren't you!" He was making a snap judgement and being quite rude I do believe. Why would he say that? isn't he supposed to be a medical professional?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.