Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Voyage in the Dark - Anna

Anna is an interesting character. In the beginning I kind of liked her, however as the story is progressing she is starting to irritate me. I find it hypocritical how she gets around England alright without a man then she suddenly meets Walter who begins to care for her. This is irritating to me because the minute she meets him she allows him to buy her socks. Allowing him to purchase something so personal for her can give the wrong impression. Not only does she take money from him at this time, she also receives money from him as an apology which she uses to buy clothing. From the moment Anna meets Walter she allows him to take care of her, even though she was getting around just fine before she meets him. It seems as if the loneliness of being in England by herself could be the reason for falling for Walter as time progresses however she has been unreliable from the start because she says one thing but does another. An example of this is when she says that she does not like Walter, but she loses her virginity to him and continues to see him. I am hoping that she becomes more reliable as I continue to read the book.

2 comments:

  1. Anna bothers me too... she just seems SO YOUNG and so immature. She is a chorus girl who also takes money for sex? She reminds me of a geisha, but without any real training or charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she bothers me SO much!! I just really don't like her. I feel like she's so wishy washy in her attitudes and doesn't really know what she's doing in her life. She just doesn't really have any good qualities that I like about her.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.