Monday, March 12, 2012

Mrs. Dalloway - Kate Ferraro

After reading the first portion of Mrs. Dalloway, I thought the writing uses a lot of figurative language and imagery. I liked reading the several in-depth descriptions of characters and scenery. It was especially interesting for me, when I got to the description of Sally, and I notice a few other bloggers brought up that relationship as well. I did also think it stood out, especially the way she described her envy towards Sally. It was even more interesting in the end of the section to see Peter's description of Sally. I am curious to see how Sally is depicted the rest of the reading.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that there is a lot of descriptive text in the novel. However, I feel that this detracts from my understanding of the plot of the story. I find myself constantly trying to find meaning in the rambles and random tangents. This makes it incredibly difficult for me to understand what is happening in the story. I am very interested to see what role Sally plays in the novel. At first I thought that she was just a periphery character because there seem to many of those in the novel. But, as i read further in the novel, Sally continues to be mentioned, and every time she does she seems to be slightly more controversial than the last time that she was mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.