This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Voyage in the Dark
I'm not sure why, but I was shocked to find out that Anna was a virgin. When I first started the novel, I thought I was reading about two experienced young women who were traveling, working and generally having fun together. Something about the way they were both carrying themselves made me think that they had both had previous relationships with men, which was why they were so relaxed and confident when they began talking to the two men in the street. However, I liked that underneath that confidence, Anna was nervous and uncertain. It made the character more realistic to me and added many layers. I can't wait to see how she develops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.