This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Mrs. Dalloway Pt 1
This book has so much to take in and piece together, but at the end of the first section I think I am starting to understand the lives of the main characters and their pasts. One of the most unique things I have noticed about this book is how it is written. It was very to read at first but it is seeming much more fluid now. To me it is very much like the dialogue that goes on in my head. Sometimes drawing on memories that only slightly link to what you were just thinking. I also noticed that there is a lot of repetition. This not only reiterates important things, but I feel like this is relevant to the lives they characters have been living. Each day is similar to the next, and they continue to play out their past experiences, romances and personalities. I'm curious if, as the cycle begins to break, the repetition will end in the writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.