I'm not sure what to write about Mrs. Dalloway other than to say I am enjoying it a great deal. I've always been a big fan of stream of consciousness and I especially like Woolf's style. There's just something about it that draws me in--I can't really explain it.
One thing in particular I'm finding very interesting is the way the book jumps around from character to character, sometimes even to a third person narrator. It gives so many different perspectives and shows the various characters through the eyes of many different kinds of people, which only adds to the numerous layers working throughout the novel. It's also interesting that all we can glimpse of these characters is one day in their lives, yet we still learn a great deal about them. Though there are pieces left out, we can still analyze them and relate to them as readers.
I also am intrigued by the way the story jumps from character to character. It is as if we get most of the characters points of view from the same moment in time which is really interesting and reveals more about the characters thoughts and emotions!
ReplyDelete