Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stream of Consciousness

I really struggled with this reading. I have a very hard time understanding this book because of its long-run on sentences. It can be very frustrating to read when I sometimes don't know who is the speaker at the time. However, I do think this reading can be very interesting. In the sense of why Woolf wrote it this way. When I think about how I think and how sometimes I can't understand what others are thinking, the book does a good job of representing this. When we think, our stream of consciousness is all over the place. We think about multiple things at once and might sometimes repeat it over and over again. I think that if her purpose was to write the book in this manner she accomplished her goal. It is very confusing and seems very realistic to how people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.