This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Iron Jarred Angels
I was pleasantly surprised with Iron Jarred Angels. The strength of the women portrayed in the movie was incredible. I was captivated by the courage of the women of the time, especially Alice Paul, and how far they were willing to go to achieve freedom and rights. One way they showed their passion for their fight to freedom was the picketing in front of the White House. Despite the risk of being tortured and killed in jail, the women would not let up on their determination to win their rights. What I found interesting was how well the themes related to everything we have discussed in class thus far. The struggles women faced and the ridicule and lack of support from many people was seen everywhere in the movie. Like someone else said in the a blog about this film, the choices of music was not what I would have expected. It added a very modern feel to the movie, one I was not expecting. Overall, I enjoyed the movie and thought it was a good visual for what we are studying in class to be able to relate to what we are reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also was very blown away by the strength of the women in the movie. It was really inspiring to see what women truly went through to get us our right to vote today, and that they would give their lives for this freedom. I really liked the movie as well and thought it to be a good reflection and viewpoint of where some of our authors are coming from.
ReplyDelete