Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bunner Part I

"That night, long after Evelina slept, Ann Eliza lay awake in the unfamiliar silence, more acutely conscious of the nearness of the crippled clock than when it had volubly told out the minutes." this quote happens right after the clock gets broken. I have a lot of suspicions about the clock as symbolism as time or fate, and i lie the way in it's crippled state, she felt more conscious of it. The way she puts her self in the path of this man who sold her the clock, but never fully seeks him out, and then per chance the clock breaks, sealing some pending sequence of events. I like this idea because i often feel like following some sort of universal flow, takes you where you wanted to be wether you meant it or not. the things we desire seem to find us, wether we plan it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.