This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
The Country of the Pointed Firs Part II - Me Young Hong
I want to talk about the illustration of the narrator for this book, The Country of the Pointed Firs. I thought that the description of the sea in page 130. The narrator says that "I stood on deck, looking back, and watched the busy gulls agree and turn, ... the tide was settomg om. and plenty of small fish were coming with it..."; her description was so detail that I felt like I were in the place. I wanted to focus on the text and words that the narrator uses because I think with the words that she uses show femininity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.