This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
A White Night - Me Young Hong
Honestly, I did not understand this short story well and I had to reread some parts over and over again. Then, one part stands out to me is the part where she is scarificed and people were not trying to help or rescue her. Also, the law in the place can not help her as well. She may represent something but I still don't realize what it is. "She lies, one must remember, in the very centre of the sanctuary... the traditions of her kind. It was this honour, satisfying, as it did, some pride of spirit or of race, which bore her honourably through" (p. 138)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.