This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
The Bunner Sisters-Naja Tatum
This novel starts off kind of slow but in the beginning of Chapter 2, I started to notice that Ann Eliza seemed to have a thing for Herman Ramy. She talks about him and seems very intrigued. In the rest of the novel you also start to see that Evelina seems to have a better connection to Ramy while Ann Eliza seems to do nothing but daydream! In Chapter 4, I notice that Ms. Mellin brings up that she also see's a connection between Evelina and Ramy. Ann Eliza seems to get very jealous. This part really stood out to me because I think that jealousy is a very natural trait. Ann Eliza began to point out Evelina's flaws despite the fact that she is her sister, I think this a very common characteristic even in women today! I am very interested to see how the story progresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with Naja that jealousy is a natural trait among human beings and it's very apparent at Ann Eliza's basic "anxiety attack" she has when thinking her sister is meeting up with Mr. Ramy. Another point I agree with is how Ann Eliza began pointed out Evelina's flaws and it has come down to the point of who is going to get Mr. Ramy, this is what it has come to, here are your flaws, and let's hope this is enough to basically say that you're not fit for Mr. Ramy.
ReplyDelete