Friday, February 17, 2012

Miss Grief, Crief, Moncrief...

I enjoyed the very slight humor in this story. I don't know why I found it funny, but I suppose that it struck me how persistant this woman was. Of course it becomes clear that she is dying, so she wants to get this done before she dies, but it still amused me. And it was interesting that she picked this very "conceited" man to help her. She got through to him in an odd way, but I don't think he changed at all. He was still a jerk when it came down to it. He was always a little soft, but not completely . He was interested in how Miss Grief's 'friendship' would help or hinder him.

My favorite line was when he said that he didn't want an old woman crying over his carriage door. He was worried about her, but he was MORE worried about his image. Conceited indeed...

1 comment:

  1. I also agree that the story is very intersting. I wondered why she picked the "conceited" man, as you said, in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.