This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Saturday, April 7, 2012
The Street (Ch. 4-6) -Kate Ferraro
During the second part of The Street, I could not believe how creepy the Super got towards Lutie. I got a nervous feeling for Lutie when he was looking into her bedroom and rummaging through her closet. He almost is beginning to seem like a stalker. It really struck me when he even began to hate Bub seeing him "as an exact replica" (88) of another man who was with Lutie, or when he thought back to when he showed her the apartment and had to "force himself stand still" (99). I am curious to see if the "dust" that Min got from the root doctor will work, because at the end of chapter six when Lutie meets Boots, got me nervous because if it lasts Jones might go crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that Jones was incredibly creepy during these chapters. As I was reading, I could not think of a reason why the author would write him this way. It does not seem to me that it will add anything to the story. However, I am very curious to see how the author will manipulate the relationship between Lutie and Jones.
ReplyDeleteKate,
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you I was really creeped out by Super. I was confused on how Super can feel such strong feelings for Lutie even without spending time with her. He was obsessed with being near her and smelling her. You bring up an interesting idea I did not really even think about Lutie's relationship with Boots being because of the dust that Min got from the root doctor.