Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vera Drake

I felt like I was watching a horror movie when I was watching the movie, Vera Drake. I was shocked by her facial expression when she kills babies from young girls. I thought that how a person can kill babies without any emotion or feelings. So I thought that her action is very cruel at first, however, when she keeps saying that "she helped young girls" I started to understand how she felt about the abortion. I thought that she wanted to keep the young girls safe and did not want them to be in worse situations. The young girls were not ready to be mothers and did not expect their babies. Also, the babies would have life that they did not expected; they would not be happy if they found out that their mothers were not intended to have them. Which means that unborn babies could have made their mothers' lives worse and that would make their lives worse also. So I thought that there is an irony whether Vera Drake really "helped young girls out" or just simply killed babies illegally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.