This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Part 2 Bunner Sisters
In the first part of the story I made the assumption that Mr. Ramy would come and visit the Bunner sisters much more frequently. However, the way that the Wharton described how Ann Eliza consistently thought about Mr. Ramy I assumed that something more obvious would have happened between the two of them as opposed to his secret proposal. I am starting to grow a suspicion about Mr. Ramy. He comes down with this interesting "illness" and then suddenly appears well enough to get married and move to St. Louis. However, I do believe that his intentions for marrying Ann Eliza were self-fish. I think that he proposed to Ann Eliza in hopes that she would marry him and would take care of him. I am very interested in finding out what happened to Evelina and Mr. Ramy. There is something about him that makes me question his judgement. I feel that Evelina is so blinded by love that she would do anything Mr. Ramy asked her to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also feel that Evelina blindly follows Mr. Ramy and that it is a flaw in their relationship since he doesn't seem to have good judgement. He definitely doesn't have good judgement seeing that his job that they moved for didn't work out. I also think that Evelina blindly following him will wear off once she is out of the "honeymoon" stage.
ReplyDeleteI also thought that Mr. Ramy is very selfish and; he asked Ann Eliza to get married with him and also married to Evelina after Ann Eliza rejected him. He would think the two sisters as a wife who would take care of him. He is just thinking about himself and does not really care about the two sisters and their relationship.
ReplyDelete