Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Vera Drake

When Vera was arrested, her personality did not seem to match that of her at the beginning of the movie.  In the beginning of the movie, Vera seemed very self assured; she knew that what she was doing was something positive in the lives of the young girls that she was helping.  However, after she was arrested, she did not seem to be able to put a single sentence together.  She no longer had faith in herself and that what she was doing was helping these young girls who were in trouble.  I expected Vera to be proud of what she had done, like the two women that she met at the end of the movie when she was in prison.  Each of them knew what they were doing, what a difference they were making, and were willing to continue their work even after they had been imprisoned before.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, I was very surprised by this. Maybe it was because deep down she knew she was possibly hurting these girls and could possibly make them sick? In the beginning of the movie she seemed so happy and never even thought twice about the fact that she was giving abortions and like you said, at the end she couldn't even form a sentence or defend herself. I wish the movie would have showed how she was after her prison sentence.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.