This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
I think it's odd that we don't get much description of Mrs. Todd beyond 'tall and large.' We know of her work, but not much of her physical appearence. It seems as if the author is trying to make a point that physical appearence doesn't define a person's character. She is an intesting woman who runs her business well. I think I would probably be a lot like her in the time. I also find it interesting that she is so well loved in the community because she doesn't seem to fit the "standards" of a proper woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is very interesting how we don't get hardly any in depth information about most of the characters in the book. I am especially confused about the narrator!
ReplyDelete