This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The Narrator-Naja Tatum
So far as I reading this novel, I am very curious as to why we don't know what the narrator of the story's gender is. I think the author purposely left this out to get the reader to make its on inference and assumption on what it is. The way the narrator speaks suggests that it may be a woman, because of its very detailed and some times emotional language. But I could be wrong because I am just going by the "typical" assumed characteristics of a woman. The relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Todd sometimes makes me think the narrator is a man. I am very anxious to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.