Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Country of Pointed Firs- Minori Wisti

What I liked and found interesting about what I've read so far is the strong women characters, Mrs. Todd and the narrator. Mrs. Todd seems to be an intelligent woman, with her wide knowledge of herbal remedies; also in her mutual respect for the town physician and understanding of each of their roles as well as her understanding of the narrator's situation when she can't help her run her business anymore. The narrator seems to be a strong woman as well, independently working as a writer and taking control of what she knows she must do. I also appreciate their lack of fickleness, shown in how they remain friends, respectful of each other, even deepen their relationship after the narrator admits she cannot help Mrs.Todd anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.