This is a dedicated discussion space for Professor Renzi's ENG 353 course during Spring 2012. We will blog as a way to practice analytical reading and writing, as well as to continue our discussions this semester beyond the confines of our class meetings.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Three Dreams In A Desert
I found this reading to have many religious symbolisms associated with them. As I read, I immediately saw the relationship between the second dream and stories in the Bible. For instance when the woman begins the dream she is seeking Freedom which I took as Heaven. The man responds saying the only way to get there would be to go through the water of Suffering. In the same way Jesus had to suffer for all of our sins that we may all enter into salvation with him. As it says in the reading, the woman is carrying something on her breast. She would not drop it but carry it with caution to the land of Freedom. Similarly Jesus carries us throughout all our hard times until we find our way to our own Freedom. I found this all very relateable and interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.