Friday, January 27, 2012

Three Dreams in a Desert-Ali Pepin

This story was very confusing to me, however after going through it again I got a better understanding. I saw three different women here, the first two of which were setback by men, where as the third woman was working with man to prosper-IN HEAVEN as it stated. With the second woman however, I almost laughed at how once again, there was a water scene with the woman becoming free. Once again she was wearing white and she was going to get naked, again the idea of purity and getting rid of all the outside obstacles the new woman had in her life. The baby suckling on her was also the symbol for mother and caring for her child, but also how much life is dependent on the mother figure. Even in the play the mother said "when do I get repaid for the raising of those boys for 20 years." It's the idea that life is dependent on the mother figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.